Registration allows us to track the number of dogs at Rosedale to ensure against overuse and degradation, and allows for ready communication if necessary. Registration helps ensure that Rosedale is used by neighborhood dog owners who are committed to the health of the lawns and respect of the rules. Use by those outside the neighborhood who view Rosedale as a “destination dog park” is discouraged. Rosedale reserves the right to cap the number of dog registrations at any point during the year.
Dog Use Rules:
No dog may enter the park unless it is registered with the Conservancy and wearing the current Rosedale tag. Only Conservancy members may register their dogs. The annual membership is $100 and the annual dog registration fee is $75 per dog. Each registered dog will receive by mail a Rosedale tag that must be worn at all times while at Rosedale.
Pickup after your dog(s)
There are no trash cans, nor is there trash removal service at Rosedale. All users of Rosedale are responsible for picking up after their dogs and themselves, and disposing of their own trash in their own trash receptacles. Please do not use the trash receptacles of neighboring residents to dispose of your trash. Do not leave trash at Rosedale
Owners must monitor their dogs at all times
Dogs must be under the owner’s control and within the owner’s sight at all times. Dog owners and walkers are responsible for preventing their dogs from digging or otherwise damaging the property, fighting, or trespassing on the private property that surrounds Rosedale. Dog owners or walkers may not bring more than two dogs to Rosedale at a time, even if the dogs are properly registered.
Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior or loud barking must be removed from the property immediately. Reports of aggressive dogs or incidents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. These reports are reviewed the Rosedale Dog Committee and action is taken at the full discretion of the Dog Committee. Action may include a warning or revocation of the member’s privilege to bring the dog to Rosedale.
On-leash / Off-leash hours
Rosedale is open to the public at 7:00 am on weekdays and at 8:00 am on weekends, and closes at dark.
- Dogs may be off-leash between 7:00 am and 2:00 pm on weekdays, between 8:00 and 11:00 am on weekends, and from 4:30 to 6:30 pm every day.
- Dogs must be leashed between 2:00 and 4:30 pm on weekdays, between 11:00 am and 4:30 pm on weekends, and from 6:30 pm to dark every day during Daylight Saving Time, as priority is then accorded to families and individuals who are uncomfortable with unleashed dogs. Dogs must be leashed even if no one else is present on the grounds.
Pedestrian and dog traffic is especially hard on the lawns when they are wet. Accordingly, please stay off the grounds when they are wet.
Please respect the Conservancy’s neighbors’ rights to privacy and quiet. The farmhouse and other property above the hill on the north side of the lawns, and those properties bordered by fences and walls to the east and west of the Conservancy, are privately owned and occupied. Please do not allow dogs or children to trespass onto private property. The Newark Street driveway is private property. However, pedestrians may enter Rosedale both from the driveway and through the gate at Newark and 35th Street.
2018 Membership & Dog Registration
By registering your dog, you agree to abide by Rosedale’s Dog Use Rules. You acknowledge that Rosedale reserves the right to revoke my dog license for failure to comply with these rules.
- I agree that my dog(s) will wear the Rosedale tag whenever they are at Rosedale.
- I agree to abide by the rules of The Rosedale Conservancy as to hours of use. I agree to leash my dog(s) between 2:00 and 4:30pm on weekdays, between 11:00am and 4:30pm on weekends, and after 6:30pm.
- I agree to bring bags to pick up after my dog(s) and to take the bags home and dispose of them in my own trash. I will not leave any trash at Rosedale.
- I agree to monitor the behavior of my dog(s) at Rosedale, to prevent behavior that denigrates the historic grounds, violates private property, or creates a disturbance for immediate neighbors and others enjoying Rosedale.
- I agree that if my dog acts aggressively, I must remove my dog from the park immediately, and that any aggressive actions may be reported, recorded, and result in loss of my privilege to visit Rosedale with my dog. I understand that any such decision will be made at the discretion of the Rosedale Conservancy. In addition, if my dog causes injury to another dog or to a person, I will pay any veterinary or medical expenses and hereby indemnify The Rosedale Conservancy for any claim arising from such injury, or any other claims that may arise related to my dog’s use of the Rosedale grounds.
The link below to our online membership form will allow you to pay with a credit card, your Paypal account, or even mail a check.
TRC is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.